Colleges wishing to host this years O’Mhaolagain competition are asked to contact the CCAO. Click here for contact
Competition to be played as a one day blitz after Christmas
The eligible teams are
- Galway Mayo IT
- IT Sligo
- University of Ulster Coleraine
- University of Ulster Magee
- Cavan Institute
- St. Pats Thurles
- Dundalk IT
- Trinity College Dublin 2
- Limerick IT
Rules for the day
- Allowing fair play rules to apply, the team with fewer players decides the size of the team for each game.
- Unlimited substitutions for all games
- Games will be 10 minutes a side with minimum half time turn around.
- Win = 2 points, draws = 1 point, loss = 0 points.
- The top 2 teams play in the O’Mhaolagain cup final.
- The next 2 teams play for the O’Mhaolagain Shield final
- If teams finish level:
- Scoring difference will be used
- Then if they are still level the result of their match will be used
- If they are still level a playoff will be required.
- All teams to pay a competition fee of €70. This will cover the cost of food and referees
- All colleges must bring registration form with them on the day
- The competition coordinator is Shane D'Arcy - 086 8519524